|Tacoma Public Library provides long distance students with exam proctoring service at all of its branches. In offering this service we need to balance the needs of the students and the institutions with which they may be working and the needs of other library customers. We can usually meet all of the requirements for proctoring but we do have some limitations. |
We will provide:
1. Staff members who are authorized to provide proctoring
2. Space for test taking. However, there may not be a separate quiet area available
3. The ability to mail a completed examination
4. The ability to complete most on-line testing
The student will:
1. Contact the library to make arrangements with the designated staff member
2. Verify with library staff that the requirements of the institution giving the examination can be met
3. Present a valid Tacoma Public Library Card or Internet Only Card (for online tests).
4. Verify that the physical environment at the library meets test-taking needs
5. Arrange for an accessible computer if needed
6. Provide an appropriately sized, addressed envelope with required postage to return examination to the institution; or, provide an e-mail contact for alternate means of returning the exam. With some exceptions, we will not retain the original examination.
For the Main Downtown Library contact Rhonda Kristoff, rkristoff (at) tacomapubliclibrary.org or Cathy Oden, coden (at) tacomapubliclibrary.org, (253) 292-2001
For the Wheelock Library contact Cheryl Towne, ctowne (at) tacomapubliclibrary.org, (253) 617-7811
For the Kobetich Library contact Maria Pontillas, mpontillas (at) tacomapubliclibrary.org, (253) 248-7265
For Fern Hill and Mottet contact Janet Myers, jmyers (at) tacomapubliclibrary.org, (253) 341-4724 or (253) 617-7680
For Moore contact Branch Manager at (253) 341-4848
For Swasey and South Tacoma contact Susan Marihugh, smarihugh (at) tacomapubliclibrary.org, (253) 617-7810 or (253) 617-7809 Evening appointments are available at the branches listed above on Tuesday and Wednesday only.
Last Updated 22.04.2014