Get personal @ the Library!
Make the most of your library-going experiences. New services deliver news about the Library and information on the latest books, movies and music added to our collections right to your personal email. TOPCAT, our online catalog provides easy access to your Library account.
Subscribe to the Library's email newsletter
The Tacoma Public Library offers a host of free special events, including
- author booktalks, signings & book discussion groups
- evening and Saturday afternoon films
- story times & craft programs for youngsters
- educational programs & art exhibitions
- classes on using the internet & Library resources
- concerts & other live performances
The Library is truly the heart and soul of the community. Subscribing to our Library e-newsletter is the best way to ensure you don't miss an exciting program or special event.
- If you have a Tacoma Public Library card, you can receive our email newsletter delivered right to your e-mailbox about every two weeks. Sign up during your next library visit or by telephoning our Telephone Reference at (253) 292-2001. Be sure to have your Library card with you when you call.
- If you do not have a Tacoma Public Library card and want to receive our email newsletter, complete the web sign-up form to be placed on our email list.
Subscribe to our New Arrivals email service
Want to get the news on the latest books, CDs, DVDs and other material added to the Library's collections? A new (and free) email subscription service keeps you informed about the new material added to the library. There are many categories from which you can choose, including Audio Books, Mystery, Science Fiction, Juvenile Fiction, Picture Books, Classical CDs, Foreign DVDs, Gardening Books, Cookbooks, Travel Books and many others. You can subscribe to any or all the lists.
You choose the schedule, including the day of the week or day of the month when you want the e-mails to arrive. You will only receive an update if there is a new title in that category since the last e-mail update was sent.
Manage your Library Account.
Using your Tacoma Public Library card number and a PIN (Personal Identification Number - usually the last four digits of your telephone number) you can review your library record to learn what material is checked out on your card and when it's due to be returned, and renew materials.
You can use your Library card number or PIN to place holds on library materials while you are using TOPCAT.
For detailed information on using Topcat, go to the TOPCAT HELP screens.
Last Updated 22.01.2012